Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Breaking Dawn Release Party

Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Last night I hosted a bridal shower for Bella Swan to celebrate the upcoming release of Breaking Dawn (only 2 more days!!!!). A lot of my friends read the Twilight Series so I thought it would be a fun way to get together and gossip about the books and who is better, Jacob or Edward. We had a lot of yummy food. I made special cupcakes monogramed with an E and B. We also had fruit, cheese, little slices of pizza, poptarts (Bella loves poptarts), cheesecake squares, assorted dips, cookies, and strawberry shortcake. I made a poster with all the quotes from Breaking Dawn (a quote a day has been released on www.stepheniemeyer.com). I also put the cover art of Breaking Dawn and a picture of Bella's engagement ring (found on www.twilightteez.com) After we ate and speculated over the quotes we played a game. I made up a Twilight Series trivia quiz. First I divided the guests into 2 groups fans and fanatics. I gave the fanatics an open answer quiz and the fans a multiple choice. Of course the fanatics won all three prizes even with the harder quiz. First prize won a gift card to Barnes and Noble so they can go get Breaking Dawn. Second place won a gift card to Cold Stone (think Edward) and a keychain with a "diamond" heart and a wooden heart. Third place got a pack of Dentyne Ice gum and a pack of Dentyne Fire gum with a pair of plastic fangs. When I presented it I said this is what it would be like to kiss Edward and Jacob. After the game with had the gift exchange. All the guest brought a gift that related to the books. We played white elephant style so everyone got to pick a gift from the middle or steal someone elses. Everyone brought great gifts. Some of them were a first aid kit, rain poncho & umbrella & forks, a piano concert cd, Wutherheights book, strawberry shampoo, a platter with Edward and Bella on it, Bella's bracelet, a magic eight ball with Ask Alice written on it, a electronic baseball game, tanning lotion & chocolate, a photo album with cut outs of cute guys (the edwards & jacobs), a mixed cd with the Twilight playlist (again from stepheniemeyer.com) and some personal items like a toothbrush for all of Bella's human moments. It was a great time and everyone was really creative. Now I just have to wait a couple of more days to see how it all ends.

2 comments:

Kendall said...

Super Cute! I wish I would have been able to come! You are so creative!

traci said...

That was really fun! Thanks for being such an awesome and creative host!