Sunday, October 4, 2009

Mixed Up Weekend

Sunday, October 4, 2009
We went from Summer to Winter! It started snowing lightly on Saturday and we woke up to several inches on the ground on Sunday. If it would have been any other Sunday I wouldn't of been happy but it made for a great Conference Weekend. I made yummy chowder on Saturday and we went out and got some pumpkins. Sunday the kids woke up and had to go play in the snow. It was nice we could record conference and just watch it when we were ready. The snow was perfect snowman snow. We then had a nice ham, potatoes, and rolls for lunch. With the snow and the smell of ham Ryan said it feels like a holiday (he couldn't bring himself to say Christmas). That comment got me in the mood for Christmas music. So I turned on the Mormon Tabernacle Christmas CD and we listened to it while we ate. After snuggling up and watching Conference we carved pumpkins (I did turn off the Christmas music while we carved). We also thought it would be funny to make a pumpkin head snowman since it isn't often snowing when you are carving. Although it was a little mixed up b/t Halloween, Snow, Christmas, and Conference it was a great weekend.

2 comments:

traci said...

Glad you had a great weekend! That snowfall was wild. :)

Alex said...

you got me in the mood for Christmas music!