This week was full on fun Easter festivities. We dyed eggs for Family Home Evening and then ended up tie dying paper towels with the egg dye. Totally fun! We had a primary egg hunt on Saturday. It was super cold and started to snow but the kids loved hunting for eggs. The easter bunny brought some fun goodies in the easter basket and hid eggs around the house for the kids to find. We watched Conference then had a yummy Easter feast. This year we started a new tradition with the Easter Egg Lesson. I found it on Sugardoodle.net. After dinner I had the kids take turns opening the eggs as we read scriptures that related to the objects inside and the Easter Story. The kids loved it and were even able to tell me the whole story back using the objects. This was a great way for us to remember the true meaning of Easter.
Sunday, April 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Looks like fun! Glad you guys had a great holiday. :)
We did this same lesson! We made them when I was in YW for an activity like forever ago and I still get it out every Easter. The kids love to see what's in the next egg. I still think we should have been sisters, it seems as if we always have the same ideas!
Post a Comment