Sunday, November 14, 2010

Oh October!

Sunday, November 14, 2010
October was a busy month for me and this year it just kept going into November.

We had family photos taken. They turned out great!


We finished out the soccer season. Ellie scored a goal in one of the final games and was very excited. Ryan had fun coaching both Ellie and Caden's teams but we were all ready for it to be over.

Ellie started Jazz Dance and loves it.

We attended several birthday parties. Mine and Ryan's included.

Went on a field trip to the pumpkin patch with Max's preschool. We went on a hayride, planted bulbs and picked out a pumpkin. Caden got to come with since his school is in the afternoon.

Carved pumpkins. We won 2nd place in the pumpkin carving contest. I carved a really cool haunted house.

Planned and had the Ward Halloween Party and Carnival. We had a potluck chili dinner, a bunch of carnival games and crafts for the kids, followed by trunk or treat. It turned out great but it was a big responsibility and I am glad it is over.

Planned and helped out at the 2nd grade fall festival.

Planned and got all the supplies for our RS Fabulous Friday (aka Super Saturday). I have been planning this since August when I was the Enrichment leader. I came up with crafts for us to do and made samples. I have since been released but they still needed me to put on this activity. We made personalized soaps and sanitizer bottles, countdown blocks, and glass block decorations. There was also a chocolate class and candle making.



Helped out with the Primary Program. My new calling (since Sept) is in the Primary Presidency so we have been busy preparing for the Program which was this Sunday. It was awesome! The kids amazed me with their spirits and testimonies.

It is finally all over and just in time to get geared up for Christmas. I actually started list making and shopping this weekend. :)

Here are some random photos I took throughout the month. I didn't get many great ones but taking pics was the last thing on my mind. Most were taken with my phone so not good quality.

3 comments:

traci said...

Love the update! What a busy October! Can't wait for Christmas, either. :)

TIFF said...

Busy, busy! I LOVE the family pictures!! And I noticed you are growing your hair out! Super cute. Hope you and Ryan had fun birthdays!

Alex said...

The family pictures are GREAT! I really like them!

I bet you are happy outdoor soccer is over! And you can relax just a tad! love the updates