Saturday, February 19, 2011

Great to be 8!

Saturday, February 19, 2011





As a member of the primary presidency I got to plan the Great to be Eight fireside. It is a fireside for all the kids turning 8 this year, to talk to them about baptism and answer questions. It was especially great for me because Ellie is turning 8 this year and I have known most of the kids in her class since they were little.
I started out by having a bunch of cut out 8's on the board and had the kids take turns coming up and picking one. On the backs were questions that related to baptism. Some of the questions were easy but most I had to explain. Then we had a tour of the font and showed them where they change and what they will be wearing. Next a member of the bishopric took them down to the bishops office went explained that they will have a bishop's interview before baptism. We had the primary president talk on the Faith in God program then separated girls and boys to discuss scouts or activity days. Finally, we came together and I showed them what was in their gift bags then we had refreshments. We ate yummy brownies with ice cream, strawberries, and homemade hot fudge sauce. It was a success and very exciting for the kids.


The kids posing with their cut out 8's. We were missing 2 because they were sick :(



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Alex said...

That fireside was really good! Got Payton excited. Thanks for all your hard work.

I cant believe our kids are going to be EIGHT.