Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving Weekend

Sunday, November 25, 2007
Thanksgiving has come and gone. I am not a fan of Thanksgiving Day or of turkey. But I am thankful. Our tradition has been to go out to a nice Thanksgiving dinner (which is very fun and I highly recommend it if you have never done it) but this year we decided to stay home because 3 kids in a fancy restraunt isn't that great of an idea. We invited another family over for dinner and they offered to bring the Turkey! They have a smoker and smoked the turkey all day. It was the best turkey I have ever had. We had a good time and good food. I made the sides and we each made a pie. Then we played games til late. It was really laid back and fun.

Friday and Saturday we did a little shopping and pulled out our Christmas decorations. We put up our lights and wreaths and put up our tree. We haven't finished decorating yet but it looks good. I love just sitting on the couch with the fire going and looking at the lights. I am excited to have 5 more weeks to do that. :)

Today some other friends invited us over for another Thanksgiving dinner. It was nice to eat, talk and hang out. I am VERY grateful for all the good friends we have here in Bend.

No comments: