Sunday, December 2, 2007

And the Countdown Begins

Sunday, December 2, 2007




Dec. 1st: I love advent calendars. We had one growing up, a big felt tree that we put a decoration up on each day in December until Christmas. It is one of my favorite Holiday memories. I tried recreating the one from my childhood. It looked pretty good until our dog (from 5 years ago) starting chewing on it. I never got around to fixing it and opted to buy a similar one. This one is magnetic so the pieces stay on better. Ellie was SO excited to put the first ornament on the advent tree. Caden was more excited about the chocolate advent calendar. He absolutely loves chocolate (he must take after his mom).


We then celebrated the start of December with a visit to see Santa. Caden spotted him first and literally ran up to him say hi. Ellie was a little more reserved at first but it didn't take long before they were both sitting on his lap and telling them what they wanted for Christmas. Ellie asked for a dollhouse and Caden kept saying he has a train table at home and he loves trains. Does that mean he doesn't want anything else? Afterwards, I asked Ellie if Santa asked her if she had been a good girl. She responded matter of fact: "Mom, Santa doesn't have to ask me if I am good b/c he already knows. That is what the song says, "he sees you when you're sleeping he knows when you're awake, he knows if you've been good or bad, so be good for goodness sake." It was so cute. I wasn't aware that she even knew the words to that song or had paid any attention to the meaning of them.


Dec. 2nd: This morning Caden climbed into our bed with his chocolate advent calendar. He had taken the liberty to open another window and eat his chocolate for day 2. (Which he actually confused with window #7 (gasp!) I was surprised that 1. he could reach the advent calendar and 2. that he actually only ate one piece of chocolate. Now I know I will have to store them on top of the fridge. Along with the Christmas M&M's that Ellie "accidently" ate.


It has been sleeting all day. No really good snow, just a slushy mess. It has also been very windy. We came home from church and found the slide, and outdoor toy box had blown across the yard. Also the lid flew off the sandbox and into the neighbors yard. However, all my wreaths stayed perfectly in place. :)












No comments: