Sunday, January 27, 2008

Latest Updates

Sunday, January 27, 2008
It has been a while since my last post. We ventured down to Utah the first part of January. Ryan had some clients to visit and the rest of us went to hang out with family. It was one of those trips where I had a bad feeling from the beginning but I let Ryan talk me into going. The drive down was long because of snowy and icy roads. Then Maxwell got some sort of stomach flu and was vomiting for 6 days. Ellie also came down with a fever and both Ryan and I got colds. Everything that I had planned to do while in Utah got cancelled or didn't work out. Needless to say I was anxious to get home. We left really early for the 12 hour drive back to Oregon but got stuck at the Utah state line because I-84 was closed because of high winds. Yes, CLOSED! After waiting 4 hours and driving back to the nearest town we were told of a alternative route that would take us through some farm land and up to Twin Falls. Eventually we made it back home. Maxwell finally recovered just in time for Caden to get the stomach flu. :)

Since we have been home we have just been hanging out and trying to get everyone healthy and back on schedule. Ryan and I got a sitter and went out to the movies this Friday. We saw National Treasure 2. It was entertaining and fun to have an evening out.

Ryan was speaking in another ward today so we all went with him. It was kind of fun to go to a different ward and see people I don't always get to see. Caden was really noisy though and I was embarrassed taking him out into the hall 2x. Luckily we were sitting behind one of my friends so she was able to take care of Max while I was dealing with Caden.

We got about another foot of snow today. It seems we have been having a lot of winter weather this year. I regret not getting snow and ice tires and am pretty much stuck at home til the roads clear up a bit. Hopefully, everything won't ice over like it did last time.

Thats pretty much been my January. Maxwell turns 1 on the 30th. I have a YW activity that I am in charge of that night so I didn't even plan a party for him. Maybe I will pull something together for this weekend.

2 comments:

Miss Kendra said...

You came to Utah??? I know the kids got sick, but maybe next time you can give us a call before you come. Haley would love to see Ellie!!

Kendall said...

It is too bad you all got sick, it would have been fun to get together!