I have always prided myself on my great teeth. I actually love the dentist. Probably because I never had any cavities. Then as life got busier I realized I hadn't been to the dentist in over 2 years. Obviously not on the top of my priority list of things to do when you have a babysitter. So I finally made an appt. and went in at the end of January. I had 4 cavities! I was so surprised. My first cavities ever. I was shocked that I had 4. They are all small and are actually at the gum line, probably caused by my clenching teeth.
On Friday I went back to the dentist and had 2 of them filled. It only took about 45 minutes and really was quite easy. I was really nervous though. The worst part was being numb in half my mouth for the next 4 hours. I found it fascinating that you can get a shot in the back corner of your mouth and that will numb you all the way from your ear to the middle of your chin. Including half your tongue. That must be a big nerve. I have to go back to the dentist in a couple of weeks to get the other 2 done on the other side of my mouth.
Sunday, March 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That really sucks. You go so long cavity free and then all of a sudden BAM! I guess I got all my cavities out of the way when I was a kid. No more room for any more! Hope the process wasn't too painful and hope you could keep your drool under control :)
Same thing happened to me. No cavities my whole life, going to the dentist every 6 months. Then I move to Utah and go to college and get married and have a kid, 5 years go by, I finally get in to the dentist and I had 4 cavities as well! Mine were so small though, they didn't even have to numb me to fix them. It's been a year and a half since then, so I better go soon...
Post a Comment