Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving

Sunday, November 30, 2008



We had a nice, quiet Thanksgiving. I'm not a huge fan of turkey or the holiday but it was nice to be together as a family and just hang out. Some people think I am crazy for not liking Thanksgiving but I have my reasons. I like Ryan's explanation the best: Thanksgiving is just an obstacle between my two favorite holidays, Halloween and Christmas.
We had our friends over so it wasn't a stressful dinner because Clara made the turkey and salad. I just had to make the sides and dessert. It all turned out well and was very yummy. Even though I don't love Thankgiving I am VERY thankful for all my many blessings.

3 comments:

Alex said...

i do like that explanation...even though i like thanksgiving..its so dead right on

Alex said...

The pictures make things look so good. Your house looks so "homey" for the holiday!

The "Eck's" Files said...

Don't you love getting the good dishes out for dinner? It's my favorite!! I even have wine glasses for the juice, and it so stresses my Mom out!! We do it for Valentine's Day too!