Sunday, June 21, 2009

Big boy beds!

Sunday, June 21, 2009



We upgraded the boys room to bunkbeds. It happened a lot sooner than I was planning. Back in May, Max started running into his room every night right after family prayer and got in Caden's toddler bed. It was cute at first but then Caden started getting upset and Max didn't want to go into his crib. I told Ryan we needed to hold out til school was over then we would take the side of Max's crib and convert it to a toddler bed that he could get in and out of. So the first week of June I converted the crib. The crib as a toddler bed was actually a bit higher than Caden's toddler bed so Max moved over to the small bed and Caden moved over to the higher bed.

I was expecting spending the summer teaching Max to stay in his bed and him basically giving up naps. But he was GREAT! He loved the bed so much that he only got out when Caden got out of his bed. He has had no problems napping and I am just amazed at how well he has stayed in his bed. Even in the morning he waits til someone else is awake before he gets out.

After about a week, I realized Caden was really not fitting in the crib - toddler bed and that he needs a big boy bed. I started looking for bunkbeds and found a great one on craigslist. We brought it home and planned on just setting up the bottom bunk and keeping Max in the toddler bed. Then Ryan didn't want to store the top bunk in our already overflowing garage so we decided we would put it up but not use it. Right after we got it up Max got onto the bottom bunk and said "my bed". There was no going back to the toddler bed for him. That night we actually ended up moving ellie's mattress to top bunk and had ellie and caden sleep up there so Max could sleep in "his bed". Again he did great so the next day I went and got sheets and mattress so the boys could be in the bunkbed and I put the toddler bed up on craigslist to sell. And while I was at it I also sold the high chair, crib, and a couple other baby things we had around the house.

I can't believe how big my kids are getting. I love it and we have so much fun together but it is just crazy how fast time flies now.

2 comments:

traci said...

I hate to think about how fast time goes by. It's great and sad all at the same time.

Alex said...

That is so neat about the bunk beds. Looks so BIG boy-ish now!