Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Book Club

Wednesday, February 10, 2010
I am loving the book club I am in. I joined at the end of the summer and it has been great. We have read some amazing books. We meet once a month to discuss the book and eat yummy food that somehow relates to the book. February's book was my choice, Shanghai Girls. I really enjoyed the book but some found it depressing. Instead of hosting at my house we met at a Chinese restaurant which was really fun. I printed off a Chinese Astrology Calendar so everyone could look up their sign and we all read about our personality traits. I was born in the year of the snake. It was interesting and fun to read and some of us were right on with our sign. Next month is The Help, also a fabulous book! If anyone is interested in joining let me know.



Other titles we have read:

The Book Thief
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society (and yes, we did have potato peel pie)
The Lost Symbol
A Thousand Splendid Suns
The Chosen by Chain Potok

1 comment:

The "Eck's" Files said...

I really have to become a more active member.....I never know about thid stuff!! I'll add those books to my own LARGE reading list!! Thanks!