Friday, September 28, 2007

The Big Bib Debate

Friday, September 28, 2007
I seriously can't deal with a 2 year olds irrational behavior. My past hour has gone something like this. Caden screams "Breakfast!" I tell him he already had breakfast, but ask if he would like something else? A bannana? Caden agrees, I tell him to go sit down. He screams because I put the bannana on a black napkin instead of a white one. I put the bib on. He screams. He rips it off. So I take the bib and rinse the morning cheerios out and hang it to dry. Caden screams for his bib. I put it back on him. He screams because it is a tiny bit damp. I take it off. He screams because he wants it. I tell him it is wet and offer him 3 other bibs. He screams. He continues screaming because he is cold and needs a bib. You need a bib because you are cold? Seriously, now that he can make sentances he does, but sometimes they don't make sense. I try to explain again that the bib is wet, he is not cold and just eat your bannana. He screams. I put him in time out and threaten to take the bannana away. He screams. I get him out of time out. He gives me a hug. He sits down to eat his bannana and wants a bib. Again I offer 3 bibs. He screams b/c he wants his bug bib. He goes back in time out. He comes out of time out and gives me a hug. He sits down to eat his banana. He asks for a bib. He decides on the "vegetable" one FINALLY! He takes a bite of his bannana FINALLY! He cries for more milk. I explain that he has half a cup of milk. He screams. I tell him to drink his milk. He screams. Finally he drinks his milk. He eats more bananna. His hands get dirty. He screams. I tell him to wipe it on his napkin. He screams because the napkin is black. AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH. And it is only 930 am.

2 comments:

Kendall said...

I just want you to know, you are not alone...and it makes me feel better to know I am not alone either when it comes to the terrible twos!!!
Kendall

Miss Kendra said...

Yikes...I hate mornings like that. They drive me crazy!!!