Monday, March 10, 2008
Maxwell's Evaluation
Monday, March 10, 2008
Maxwell had his Early Intervention Evaluation today at the Alyce Hatch Center. Basically they confirmed what we already know. His gross motor skills and communication skills are significantly delayed. His fine motor and social skills are where there should be. According to the scores we qualify for early intervention. A physical therapist will visit our home 2x a month to work with Max and teach us new exercises do with him. Our first visit is this Thursday. Basically, she said we have to rewire his brain and teach him that he can move and be mobile. Our first goal is to get him to move from a laying position to a sitting position. Its nice to know what we CAN do to help him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I hope things go well!
Good to know he's getting the therapy started. PT should be easy with him, he's got such a nice, easy-going personality. I can see him taking to it just fine. Lexi hated Physical Therapy. Just imagine Ellie at 18 months, and you're trying to make her do something she doesn't want to do. Drama...
Hi Heidi - Lindsey found my blog somehow. I visited her blog and saw your name! Are you living in Oregon? You look great (same as you did 10 years ago!) and really happy. I'm not so good about updating my blog but would love to hear from you. Love your Queen Bee name! Take care. Meta
Post a Comment