As my blogroll increases I have a hard time keeping up on all of them. It takes a while to click through 25+ blogs that I read to see if any have been updated. Then I discovered Bloglines . I added all my blogs to this reader and now I just have to click on one webpage. It shows me a list of all the blogs in the left pane and the ones that have been updated since I last looked are in bold. All I have to do is click on the name of the blog and it will show me the contents in the right pane. It will show pictures, links, everything. Its great! Now I don't have to open 25 webpages to see who has updated their blog.
Also, I have statcounter on my blog. It tracks how many visitors I have to my page and how they found me (search engine, another blog, etc.). It is interesting and there are a lot of cool features. One thing I have noticed is that since Google owns Blogger.com your site gets indexed really fast. I had someone search google for early kindergarten admission and go to my site withing 2 hours of me writing the post. Mostly I blog just for family and friends but sometimes I like to write something that might be useful to other people out there. Also, just in case you are wondering you don't have to make your blog public.
Sunday, March 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'll have to check those out. I personally have been using Google Reader and Sitemeter. I like them both. Totally makes reading blogs a lot easier and faster.
Hey, I keep trying to figure this out but never have enough time to dive into it. Very frustrating. So I'll just keep logging into your blog for the info and eventually I'll figure it out. I may need you to tutor me though! I'm such a duh-roy!
Post a Comment