Friday, January 23, 2009

The Special Sale

Friday, January 23, 2009
Since I have been stuck at home with everyone being sick I have spent some extra time going through the kids rooms. Since Christmas their rooms have been a mess because there just wasn't room for all their toys. I told the kids to pick out stuff they didn't play with put it in a box. Of course they see something they haven't played with in 6 months and say it is their favorite toy and there is no way we can get rid of it. After a while we finally got some stuff together and Ellie came up with the idea of having sale. She & Caden were so excited and suddenly they wanted to get rid of all those toys they never play with. So, I contacted some of our friends Monday morning and invited them to Ellie & Caden's special sale that afternoon. The kids set everything up in the living room, boy stuff on one side, girls on the other. We got special snacks for the kids that came over. The sale was a sucess, we had a lot of good stuff (just never played with) and everything was priced at a dollar or less. I was surprised so many people came to support my kids. Thank you! It was a lot of fun and my kids made $57!!! We had a FHE about tithing that night and then we took them to the store b/c they wanted to buy webkinz with their money. A big thanks again to everone who came!

6 comments:

Alex said...

That was an awesome idea! Im so glad you did it. and 57 bucks....THAT IS AMAZING!!!!

sharonkaytomlinson said...

What is webkinz? Or What Are Webkinz?

traci said...

Sorry we couldn't make it. I'm hoping our sickness is over.

Anonymous said...

Such a good idea little miss Heidi. When are comming to Utah

TIFF said...

It was fun! My kids love their 'new' treasures! Thanks!

Miss Kendra said...

So how about an update??