Saturday, February 28, 2009

School Rummage Sale

Saturday, February 28, 2009
This weekend was the school Rummage sale. We spent Thursday and Friday going through all our stuff looking for things to donate. At first I felt bad because we wouldn't have much to donate especially after the kids "toy" sale in January. But when I went through their clothes and our junk closet I came up with over 100 items. It feels so good to get rid of stuff. I volunteered Friday evening when they were accepting donations. I spent the time unpacking boxes full of stuff and setting them out on tables. There was so much stuff! I set aside some books and a couple of toys for the kids. Then I went back this afternoon and was impressed by how much was sold in the morning. I mostly folded clothes and packed the things that didn't sale back into boxes to be dontated to St. Vincents. It was actually pretty fun volunteering and I met a couple other moms that have kindergarteners and are involved in the school.

I also found out that I am in charge of the carnival part of the school Bingo Carnival night in April. I was actually working on the flyer and sent it to the PTA president with a note about helping with the carnival. She responded that the person in charge could no longer do it and asked if I could be in charge. I said yes then wondered what I got myself into. I was fortunate to meet the woman that coordinated it for the past couple years and it sounds like she was pretty organized and will pass the folder on to me. I guess that gives me a project for March.

No comments: