Sunday, October 7, 2007

Rants and Raves

Sunday, October 7, 2007
I have ordered many things online from companies such as Amazon, Target, B&N, and Oriental Trading. They always offer free standard shipping if you order X amount of dollars. Then when you are checking out it says that your order won't arrive until 2-3 weeks with standard shipping but you can upgrade your shipping for a fee. I wonder if people actually give in to their ploys and pay for shipping b/c they don't want to wait for the "free standard shipping". Every time I have selected the standard shipping option they have shipped my item within 2 days and I usually have it within a week. This would be the same as if I have selected and paid for priority shipping. So please, if you order online, look for free shipping and USE it. The company isn't really going to hold your package for 2-3 weeks.

Many of you have read and commented on my post 30 long months. In my quest for clothes my friend recommended a little place downtown called santee alley. I stopped by there this weekend and found a "HOT" (Ryans words, not mine) pair of jeans, a top and a sweater. I was very excited to actually have a pair of jeans that fit me but when I got home and put them on I realized the zipper does not stay up!!! Now I have to find time to take the jeans back and I think that was the last pair in my size :(. And this is NOT a place where you can take 3 little kids. aarrgghhh.

I got my hair cut and colored this past week and I love it. This was her last chance b/c I wasn't happy with the last cut or color. But she pulled through and did a good job. However, it took her 3 hours!! She has an assistant now which means she is double booking people. I sat there for probably 30 min. total while she was working on the other cut and color. This really annoyed me. Again, who has time to spend 3 hours in the salon?

No comments: