Ryan was in Austin all last week at a HiTech conference. His company was there as a vendor at the tradeshow. He left Sunday and got back Friday afternoon. I've decided I can do 3 days with him gone but by the 4th night I have ran out of paitence with the kids. Somehow though we all survived. Friday evening we went out to dinner at our favorite mexican restraunt El Rodeo. Yummy! I love the mole enchiladas. Saturday we did a Costco run and then Ryan took Ellie to see Kung Foo Panda. Ellie and Ryan both loved the movie. Sunday, Max decided he didn't want to be at church. We couldn't even make it through the opening song without him screaming. I ended up in the hall with him until after the sacrament. He kept screaming for me to put him down then he would scoot to the door and say go go go. Eventually I just took him out to the car because he was being so loud. Ryan had meetings all afternoon so the kids and I just hung out and took naps. Monday, we cleaned and did laundry then had some friends over for dinner. Tuesday, I had a dental appointment. I have been putting off getting my last 2 fillings for over 4 months now. I really don't like the dentist anymore. (Sorry, Chad, nothing personal). I just hate that numb feeling in my mouth and the drilling. Afterward we ventured up to Super Walmart. I picked up some prizes for a Bunko party (beach towels and sunscreen, aloe, chapsticks and popsicles). Tuesday, night Ryan had more meetings (yes, I do think all these meetings are ridiculous). Wednesday, I took the kids to the park. They had tons of fun. It was difficult with Maxwell though b/c he still can't walk and the rubber playmats were too hot for him to scoot on. So basically I just had to hold him or walk him and he didn't like that too much. Afterwards we had friends over for lunch. We had a good time and Ellie always enjoys having girls to play with. Thursday I mostly cleaned and got ready for a Bunko party I was hosting. We had a good turn out and had some good food. Ryan took the kids for Slurpees and to the park during the party. I think it was a sucess.
Now, I feel the need to add a couple of rants to this blog:
1. Costco changed their milk containers and I really don't like the new ones. The mouth is so big and the milk comes out too fast.
2. I can't find Red, White, and Blue m&m's anywhere. Did they just not make them this year? Come on people, 4th of July is just a week away.
3. I am trying to grow my hair out and I just can't stand it. I can only get it to my chin and then I feel the need to cut it. Its just so boring like this.
Thursday, June 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Ugh, our Costco milk containers have been like that forever and I HATE it! I don't feel like I really save money on their cheaper milk anymore because half of it ends up on the counter!
I too am trying to grow my hair out and I understand the whole stage that you just want to cut it all off. I think I just passed that stage as it is past my shoulders now and I can do all different kinds of things with it. Good luck!!
i am growing my hair out too. after a year of having it the shortest i ever have, i just decided to skip my appointment and let it grow. luckily it grows fast. i hate the inbetween stage too where it looks like nothing.
4 nights was my limit too when lewis was traveling. when he was gone for just the weekend i was fine but once if was for the 4th day and night i had no paitence with the kids and i was yelling all of the time, and i hate to yell. that was one reason lewis changed jobs. i was having a hard time with him being away when the kids were so little. i could do it not though without a problem because they are all bigger. it was just when we had 4 kids 6 years and under, and three of them wore diapers.
I remember when Lexie was where Max is right now: 1 1/2, not walking, not talking. Man is it tough! I pretty much refused to go to the park with friends because it was so frustrating, for her and me. I wish I had some advice on how to get through this stage easier, but I don't. It just sucks. But at least know that I'm feeling for you, and I understand what it's like.
Post a Comment