Thursday, September 4, 2008

First Days of School

Thursday, September 4, 2008
Caden started prescool on Tues. 9/2. He is attending the same preschool Ellie did last year. He was very excited and wasn't the least bit apprehensive. He ran right into Miss Mindy and showed off his new backpack. He will be going to preschool T/Th from 9 to noon. After picking him up he said "Mom I love school so much". It was so cute and then when we got home he was "reading" and drawing and making up a play. All the things Ellie does but he has never done before. I guess one day of school gave him the confidence to start doing "big kid" things himself rather than just watching his older sister do them.
Ellie started Kindergarten today. They do a staggered start for Kindergarteners. 1/3 of the class attends on one of the first 3 days of school then everyone starts on Friday. This allows for the parents to come in and stay for the first hour and it is not so overwhelming for the kids when there is only 6 of them. I got the stomach flu last night and missed the whole first day. I was soooo bummed. Ryan took off work and went with Ellie in my place. She was excited when she came home and said she made a new friend. She also LOVES her teacher. I know she is going to do great in school.


4 comments:

traci said...

Very cute pictures! Caden is really sweet. And I'm glad that Ellie had a great first day. I'm sorry you missed going with her. I would have been pretty upset. Hope everyone is feeling better at your house!

Kendall said...

So cute!! I cannot wait until Shay goes to school!!

The "Eck's" Files said...

Rory is so in love with school! He rode the bus today....SAD! and KinderCare is AMAZING....he came home knowing all the letters, but I suspect that he knew, but just kept it inside! He was excited to see Ellie today too!

Korbie said...

so cute. If they are anything like Kai and Mac ... school is the greatest thing around. Kai and Mac both switched schools and are going to Kids Village now.