Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Katie's Wedding

Wednesday, October 15, 2008
My sister, Katie, got married last Saturday, Oct. 11th in Hartford, CT. I was honored to be a part of her wedding. I flew out Thursday morning and got to CT that evening. We got some food and just stayed up late talking. Friday we went to lunch and had a little bridal shower for Katie. It was me, my sister in law, Kendra, my mom and her 4 sisters. Marty came along too because we forced him :) Then the wedding party headed over to the church for the rehersal. We all met Nathans family for the first time and got our instructions. Next was the rehersal dinner. It was a little akward with the two families together. We ate then had to go back to the mall to exchange a pair of shoes (I was having a shoe crisis) then to the airport to pick up my mom's friend and photographer. We stayed up late that night playing pranks on each other. There was something about stolen purses, the police, missing towels and pillows and of course toilet paper. Good times! Saturday everyone was up early getting ready for the big day. I think I was more nervous to walk down the aisle than Katie. She looked beautiful and everything went smoothly. After the ceremony we took some pictures then headed over to The Mill on the River for the reception. What a great location for a reception. It was a beautiful fall day and the scenery was stunning! The food was excellent and everything looked great. I thought everything turned out perfect. (With the exception of a few stolen centerpieces at the end). We loaded up the car, sent Katie and Nathan on their way and headed back to the hotel and back to macys to again return some shoes (I told you a shoe crisis!) I made a pit stop at Brookstone while we were at the mall to sit in the massage chair. I seriously need one of those. This one even massaged my feet. Then all the girls changed into their Halloween pj's and headed to a "scary" movie. The show was a bomb but we still had fun. Afterward everyone crashed from such a busy weekend. We all slept in Sunday morning, packed, went to Panera (my favorite) then everyone headed home. It was another long flight back to Bend. 4 airports and 12 hours later I arrived home. It was a good time and great memories. Happy Wedding Katie & Nathan. We wish you lots of love and happiness.

I forgot my camera on the actual wedding day. I will upload more photo's when I get them.

No comments: