Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Pumpkin Time
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
The kids have been begging me to carve pumpkins. I kept telling them when I get back from CT we will carve them. Caden held me to it. So Tuesday night we got our hands dirty and carved out pumpkins. Ellie carved her own pumpkin. She drew the design and cut it with just a little help. Caden and Ryan carved a bat. I tried to carve a cat but it didn't work out so I ended up carving a silly face. Even Max had fun scooping out the pumpkin. We toasted the seeds in the microwave this year. I was a little skeptical about microwaving them but it worked great! Much easier than drying and baking the seeds.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Looks like fun! Can you come over and carve our pumpkins? I really don't enjoy it. :)
Each year this time of year gets better. Im so glad you did your pumpkins! YAY!
Cute! We just got ours on Friday. I am making the kids wait until Friday night to carve them, or they will rot. It is still too warm here.
How fun! We picked out our pumpkins last week but have yet to carve them. The whole prospect of dealing with Zach & Ryan and the mess...well, I guess I'd better just get over it! Bring on the slimy filth!
We're doing ours tonight, KJ has been begging as well! The best part of it is the seeds, right?!! I've never microwaved them, I should try it. Baking on low heat takes forever. Cute!
Post a Comment