Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Spring Break Days 1 & 2

Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Whoohoo for Spring Break! Ryan has to work so we are just chillin at home. We made a list of things we wanted to do and are living it up. We started the week of by letting the kids stay up til 10 pm on Sunday night. They were loving it. Then monday the kids and I slept in til 9ish, it was awesome. Then we headed over to McDonalds playland to meet Ryan for lunch. A very special treat for the kids. Afterwards we had to make a Costco run then came home and got out all the easter decorations. The kids played egg hunt with the plastic eggs and easter baskets then we made a special birds nest treat with chocolate and pretzels.

After dinner we played our new Wii game that we picked up at Costco, Disney Thinkfast. It is really fun and a game that all of us can play. It is nice because you can use the nunchucks as controllers too so 4 people can play at the same time.

Today, Ellie got me up early because she was throwing up. It was really wierd, some 12 hour stomach bug. So we made today our movie day. I ran to Redbox and got Bolt, Madagascar 2, and we had Ice Age 2 on DVR that we hadn't seen yet. We spent the whole day in our pjs watching movies and even had cinnamon toast and strawberries for dinner. (Hey, its Spring Break, we can do whatever we want. )

3 comments:

The Godell Family said...

Sounds like you guys are already enjoying a fun Spring Break! I hope that Ellie keeps feeling better. Those stinkin icky bugs. I am tired of them!

traci said...

Both Paige and Carly had that same 12 hour or less flu bug. They both (on different days) threw up twice within 2 hours and then took a nap. When they woke up they were happy and hungry. Weird. Not fun, but if I had to choose a flu--I'd go with this one.

Alex said...

Glad you had a relaxing spring break, those are the best! We enjoyed getting together. We should do it again!