Ryan and I were lucky enough to be able to go to Portland this past weekend to see the Broadway musical Wicked. It was a great show. The story was entertaining, the cast excellent, and the set and effects amazing. Ryan took a half day on Friday and we left after lunch. We got a babysitter for the kids Friday afternoon and then my good friend Clara was kind enough to stay with them overnight and all day Saturday.
We had some time before the show to go shopping. First stop was DSW. I found 3 great pairs of shoes all on the clearance rack. I absolutely love that shoe store. Ryan was great as I tried on tons of shoes and didn't complain once. Then we headed over to Ann Taylor Loft and I found a dress and a couple of shirts. Next we checked into our hotel. We stayed at Hotel Modera. It is a really nice, new boutique hotel just 2 block from the Keller auditorium where Wicked was playing. We ate dinner at the oldest Japanese restraunt in Portland (also right across from Keller auditorium). They had fanstastic shushi. Then we headed over to the show. We had geat seats, center stage, first balcony. Again I just LOVED Wicked. Now I want to read the books to get the full story.
Saturday we slept in til 9. The hotel had a very tasty European Breakfast. Then we headed over to Powells, the largest used and new bookstore in the world. It takes up a whole city block. We did a little more shopping, got lunch and headed home. It was a great weekend and a really nice get away.
And for those wondering, the boys did great while I was gone, no problems whatsoever. Ellie had a really hard time though and shed a lot of tears. I'm not quite sure what her deal was. A big thanks to Clara for putting up with her.
3 comments:
we left this weekend too. my kids were fine until we got home, THEN Paige got all teary and cried....silly girl.
Glad you had a great time. This is the first time since we've had kids that we've really both been away together...it was kinda nice.
Oh my heck! What fun! A weekend away is a much needed vacation for those with kids. I am so glad that you and Ryan were able to get away and have such a fun romantic weekend.
its always so nice to get a weekend with no kids!
Post a Comment