Sunday, September 30, 2007

30 Long Months . . .

Sunday, September 30, 2007
I lay in bed doing calculations in my head. Over the past 5 years, actually a little less, (57 months) I have been pregnant for 30 of those months. That is more than HALF the time! 3 Kids in 3 years and 4 months. Here is the breakdown: F/W '02 Pregnant with Ellie. Fall '03 Ellie arrives. F/W '04 pregnant with Caden. F/W '05 Caden is 3 months old. F/W '06 pregnant with Max. F/W '07 Max is 8 months old. Now I know why I have NO Fall / Winter clothes. Seriously! And the few things I do have are too big :) b/c I got them just 3 months after having my 2nd baby. The reason why I was agonizing over this when I should be sleeping is because I spent hours this weekend trying to shop for clothes. I ended up with 1 shirt and a skirt/blouse for church. I have no idea what my "style" is or what I like or what looks good. And because I have being buying pretty much "disposable" clothes for the past 5 years since my body has been constantly changing I have a really hard time spending lots of $$$ on an outfit. Sure I found some things I liked but I'm not going to spend upwards of $60 on a shirt. We don't have a mall here so keep in mind my selections are limited. I really really need some new clothes but am frustrated b/c it has been so hard to find anything. And I don't know what is up with all these baby doll shirts. I am NOT pregnant, WHY would I want to wear something that makes me look/feel pregnant????

But on a lighter note Caden snuck into the garage refidgerator while I was getting ready for church this morning and ate through 3 popsicles :) Ellie knew he was in there and didn't say anything!!! Thats what we get for teaching her not to tattle.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

what mom can't empathize with this? shawn wonders why we have spent thousands of dollars on clothes and i still have "nothing to wear". the babydoll thing has worked out great since i am pregnant but i agree - wouldn't be caught DEAD in one if i weren't pregnant!!

Lizzie said...

I have two babydoll shirts, but they barely poof out (I agree, why would I want to look HUGE). The upside is that you wear tight pants, so that makes you look skinny, but it hides a bit of a "I need a tummy-tuck 'cuz I had a kid" stomach. Score!