Ellie completed her first full week of school. She absolutely loves it. She comes home on a high and spends the next hour telling me every detail of her day. I thought she would be a little shy at first but she wasn't. She has made friends and begs to go to school early so she can have time to play on the playground. I thought she would want me to at least walk her in but after that first day she told me she could do it herself. Then of course Caden says "mom I can go into my school all by myself too". They are getting so independent. I love to see them so happy and excited about something though. Every other wednesday the kindergarten class gets to go to school for the full day. Ellie got to eat lunch in the cafeteria, go to P.E. and the library. She now can't wait for Wednesdays! Her teacher sends out a weekly newsletter to the parents and Ellie's picture was in it this week (see pics below). They read the book Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, learned the song, made hats and had a special snack.

2 comments:
Ellie looks so old in that picture! I'm glad she's loving school so much.
I just caught up on your last few posts. The family photos are precious! That's funny that Ellie gets a full day on Wed, and Brooklyn has a shortened early release day every Wed. I'm getting jipped! It's so cute how much Ellie loves school!
Post a Comment