Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Caden's 5th Birthday - Party Games

Wednesday, June 16, 2010
We had lots of fun planning Caden's Super Mario Party. He wanted 8 worlds and to defeat Bowser at the end, just like the game. He helped me come up with some really cool games to represent each world.

World 1: Coin Hunt - I hid 140 gold coins around the yard and the kids had to collect them and store them in their mushroom pouches that I made.

World 2: Power Up panel - We all know you need power ups in Super Mario Bros. We made a matching game that looked similar to the Mushroom Houses in SMB. Each guest had to match a power and they won the corresponding prize. I gave Glow in the Dark Stars for Star power, silly putty mushrooms, bouncing putty fire and ice flower, and flying helicopters for heli hat. Everyone really loved this game.



World 3: Goomba Stomp - Ah those pesky goombas. The Marios and Luigis had 20 goombas to pop before we could pass this world.


World 4: Water Level - I ordered a bunch of fish squirters from OTC and each of the kids filled them up with water from buckets and then squirt the "Mario" as he swam past them. We repeated this until each kid that wanted to had a turn to be "Mario". It was funny b/c some kids ran and some went slow because they wanted to get wet.


World 5: Ghosty House - We filled up a bunch of white balloons and drew ghosty faces on them then put them in the playhouse. I opened the Ghosty House and gave each kid a balloon. We then played a form of red light green light. Mario stood at one end of the yard and all the ghosts at the other. When Mario was looking at them they couldn't move but when he turned around they moved forward and tried to tag him. This was the kids favorite game.


World 6: Yoshi Race - Mario and Luigi raced their Yoshi (green balloon) to Princess peach. They had to hop to keep the ballon between the knees so it was pretty funny.


World 7: Hot Bob-omb - Basically hot potato but we used a bob-omb instead. Always a great party game that the kids love.

World 8: Bower's Castle - The trampoline was his castle and inside were 72 mini porcupine balls. The kids had to jump and throw the balls at the Bowser pinata. Then they came out and we hit the pinata until Bowser was defeated and the party goers got their reward.

3 comments:

The Godell Family said...

Awesome Party! I'm sorry that my little Paiten didn't participate in anything. I could see in the pictures that she stood in the corner the whole time. I tell ya. Thanks again! I hope Caden is feeling better.

The Godell Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TIFF said...

So, I am reading this post with Keaton and we TOTALLY want to steal your party theme idea! My boys are so in to Mario and Luigi ever since the new Wii game came out! Great ideas.....then again, you always have the best party ideas! Party Queen! Very cute! So sorry he broke his arm, poor guy. Hope he heals quickly. Miss you guys.