Monday, June 14, 2010

Caden's Broken Arm

Monday, June 14, 2010

Pre-surgery and cast.



Caden was jumping on the trampoline with Ellie and her friend today and Ellie kind of bumped Caden right out of the door of the of the safety enclosure. He landed on his elbow on the wagon and started screaming. The second I saw him I knew he had broken his arm. We rushed to the ER and of course had to sit around forever. They decided he needed sugery to close the fracture and put pins in the elbow. So we are just sitting in the lobby waiting for them to come get us. Caden did pretty well overall. He didn't like getting the IV but once the morphine kicked in he was more comfortable.

He is in recovery right now. We can't get him to wake up. He must be wiped out.

Update: It is about 24 hours after the break. He didn't sleep much last night had been having nightmares and complaining his arm hurt. His arm and finger were so swollen we had to take him back into the Orthopedic surgeon today and they cracked his cast to relieves some of the pressure then they rewrapped it. This time in red (they only had white in the OR). He seems to be doing a little better with the pain now but still doesn't want to move or do anything. It is heartbreaking to see him like this. Hopefully the swelling will go down and he will be in better spirits tomorrow, especially since it is his birthday.

8 comments:

Tennessee Sigmans said...

Oh no! Poor fella! Hope he has a quick recovery!

Stephanie and Patrick

Ludeman's said...

So sorry to hear about his arm. Hang in there. No fun. But kids bounce back quickly, he will be up and running in a few days.

The Godell Family said...

Oh my heck! I am so sorry. I will be coming by the house later this week to bring him a special something from Miss Mindy. poor little guy. Tell him Paiten and I wish him a speedy recovery. Dang it! Ouch!

traci said...

I am so sorry. Poor little guy. That picture makes me so sad!

The Keldsens said...

Poor Caden! What a trooper! Best wishes for a speedy recovery. I wish I could help...I bet you're exhausted.

Alex said...

Wow. What an experience. Im so glad he had a good birthday party! I really hope he starts to feeling better, for the both of you. Let me know if you need anything.

Jessica and Ryan said...

Sorry to hear about Caden, what a way to start summer. His birthday party looked so cute.

Tiffani said...

oh i am so sorry heidi. it's hard to see them when they are hurt and in pain. : (
please let me know if there is anything i can do for you. i hope he starts to feel better soon. : )