Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Crash and Wash

Tuesday, February 19, 2008
The snow has finally melted and the street cleaners have cleaned all the dirt off the roads. My car was filthy so I took it to the car wash. Everyone else had the same idea. There was a huge line. The attentant told me they did 600 cars the day before. Finally it was my turn. I drive my car onto the rollers and put it in neutral. The car wash does the work and I just wait. Suddenly I realize the car in front of me is stopped and I am going to hit it. I honk my horn but it is too late. My car hits the Excursion in front of me. The attenant pulls the emergency stop lever and the car wash shuts down. The excursion had to drive out because its tires were too big for the rollers and the car wash couldn't push it through. Unfortunately their tow hitch smashed right into my grill and left a dent and pushed the grill back a couple inches. The manager told me to go to the auto body and get an estimate and they would take care of it. That was 6 days ago and I still haven't made it to the autobody. With the long weekend and sick kids it hasn't been top on my list. Such a hassel. Who would of thought you could get in an accident inside the car wash?

No comments: