I always take the kids to McDonalds when Ryan is out of town. Tonight they opted for Wendy's because they wanted a frosty. I am always a little hesitant going to our Wendy's because their frys are usually soft and not salted enough. I do like their hamburgers and chicken much better than any other fast food though. Today I noticed a sign that Wendy's was voted #1 fast food hamburger for 2007. Cool, but I just wish they had better fries. I got home and discovered the fries were crisp and salty!!! Yum! Yum! Props to Wendy's for finally figuring out how to make a good fry! (I have always favored McDonalds fries but don't like their sandwiches). Wendy's is now my #1.
Now for the real power of a french fry. In my haste to calm starving children I put Maxwell in his high chair and give him a fry while I unpack everyone elses food. He loves fries! I heat him up some green beans and rice and sit down to feed him. He keeps his mouth closed and turns away. I try again. Same reaction. Then I offer him another fry and he opens wide. What have I done?? He wants the greasy salty fries and now won't eat his real food. I finally figured out that if I hold a fry in one hand and a spoonful of green beans in the other he will open his mouth. He kept looking at the fry and I kept shoving green beans in his mouth. Finally he caught on and ripped the fry out of my hand and started eating it. To finish the meal off I had to alternate between 4 spoonfuls of beans to one french fry. And you can only imagine how much he loved the couple of bites of Frosty for dessert!!!!
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is so cute! I too have a child who loves fries. When you ask Shay what she wants to eat, the first response is always french fries!
I have always hated Wendy's fries too - McDonald's fries are still #1 in my book! I've got one kid who could live on fast food and one who hates it!!
Post a Comment