Sunday, February 24, 2008

The Great Spring Clean

Sunday, February 24, 2008
Since I was homebound last week with sick kids and Ryan was out of town I decided to do some spring cleaning. I started with the kids rooms. They have so much stuff. I went through clothes, toys, books, everything. We had 3 huge bags and 2 bins full with stuff. This was a multi day project to go through everything and organize. I then got all the stuff downstairs where I needed to decide what to do with everything. I then had to separate all the stuff into piles. Goodwill, trash, give away, storage. I have 3 piles of stuff to give to friends and family and a huge bin to go to goodwill. Now it is all loaded in my garage or car to distribute. It feels so good to have it out of the house.

My kids are still sick. Ellie's runny nose turned into a deep cough and fever yesterday. It seems this sick is never going to end. Looks like I am stuck at home for another week. Now maybe I will get to my room and the storage closet. :)

2 comments:

Lizzie said...

This winter is BAD for sickness. Seems like it's hitting everyone everywhere. Lexi keeps getting a new virus just about as soon as her symptoms start to go away.

I've been thinking about "cutting the fat" here as well. I've decided this week to go through the 8 BINS of old girl clothes and keep only the ones I'm really attached to (for the possibility we have more kids) and give the rest away. But we don't know anyone having a girl! I hate to just give it to DI, because we've got some really great stuff. If you have any friends or family in Utah that are having a girl in the spring/summer, let me know, maybe they could use some clothes!
(PS, we still have the cute clothes from Ellie, holding them for you until you need them.)

Kendall said...

I totally agree with the "sick" being frustrating. You are stuck and can't go anywhere. This winter has been really bad. Hopefully your kids will get feeling better soon!