Sunday, October 26, 2008

Halloween Party

Sunday, October 26, 2008
On Friday our ward hosted an annual trunk or treat for the kids. This year we did a carnival and a chili dinner with it. I was in charge of the carnival which has kept me busy for the past few weeks. We had a GREAT turn out and I think everyone had a good time. I was so impressed that so many adults dressed up! Last year I think there was only 5 of us that came in costume. We had 12 different stations for the carnival. Big props to the Mad Scientist and his Lab. I was absolutely amazed at what he did. It was set up on the stage and there was a crowd up there the whole night. He had a make your own drinks (the syrup coming from IV bags and the carbonation from some sort of tube). There was a pressure cooking thing that grew halloween peeps to twice their size (the kids loved that). There was a static electricity ball, gummy body parts for the kids to sample, a jelly brain, make your own test tube candy, and a floating bubble box. It was awesome, I am sure there were other things too, there was just so much to look at. The other stations included a cup cake walk, face painting, photo booth, dead duck pond, ring toss around a pumpkin, bean bag toss into a witches cauldron, golfing, pumpkin pops, fishing booth, pin the face on the pumpkin and of course the prize table. I decided to do tickets this year. So after the kids played the games they got to redeem their tickets for prizes of their choice. I think it worked out well and the kids had fun. After the carnival we went outside for the trunk or treat. I love trunk or treat, it is so much better than door to door trick or treating. And it was so warm we didn't even have to wear coats. Ellie and Caden had a blast and even Max went to a few trunks (but mostly just wandered around). Bad news is Ryan left early the next morning and I am stuck home with a bunch of candy!!!!


5 comments:

Kstp said...

cute costumes!

Kendall said...

Seriously, your awesome! I love your costume!

Alex said...

Sam and I last night were still talking about your costumes! So good. The night turned out GREAT! You did so much, THANK YOU!

Kelli W. said...

Your costumes were amazing and so was the whole event. Kudos to everyone who put it together! I can't believe I missed your birthday! I need to go check my calender because I know it's close to Halloween but I don't even know what the date is today!

Emily said...

Yes, it was an awesome party---I need to learn a few lessons from you! Keep it up!