Thursday, August 16, 2007

Check Up Day

Thursday, August 16, 2007
I took Max to his 6 mo check up and the doctor informed me he had 2 teeth! It is so pathetic that I didn't even know. Obviously, he is the 3rd child. To my credit though the teeth had barely come through. You could just see the little tips. I felt bad none the less. The Soy Boy is doing well. He weighed in at 17 lbs. He seems huge but he is only in the 50th percentile. He has been on Soy formula for a good month now and is doing really well. After discovering he had a milk protein allergy the doctor recommended a really expensive formula with predigested proteins. That seemed to work for 2 months then all the syptoms of the allergy began to manifest themselves again. Finally we switched to soy and we saw instant improvement (hence the name Soy Boy). Most kids outgrow the allergy by their 2nd birthday so lets hope for that.

Ellie had a check up too. She weighed in at only 32lbs (the 25th%) but came in at the 75% for height. No wonder I have a hard time finding pants to fit her. She was very brave at her shots. She got 2 and didn't even cry. Her eye exam didn't as well however. She read off the chart and couldn't see anything beyond the 20/40 range. Unfotunately, she has inherited both her parents poor eyesight.

No comments: