Sunday, August 12, 2007
That Darn Cat
Sunday, August 12, 2007
We noticed a dry patch of skin on both of our kids yesterday and thought it was weird. We have also noticed that the cat has been losing patches of hair and in place is scaley skin. Well, we finally put two and two together and I think the cats have ringworm and have passed it on to our kids. I did some research on the internet to confirm my suspicions. So the cats are going back tomorrow and I don't think we will be replacing them any time soon. Its good that they are going back and I have a definative excuse for taking them back. The kids haven't been the nicest to them even though I think they mean well. I just think they are still too young to have a pet. I have found ellie kicking the cat and caden almost strangling it on several occasions. I'm not sure why they treat the cats so poorly and no amount of timeouts or no's have proven to be effective. Its funny b/c one cat stays clear of the kids (smart) but the other just begs to be tortured. I am not sure how the kids will react to them being gone but I'm sure it wont' be a big deal after a day or so.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
My sister-in-law had the WORST experience with kids too young for pets. Her boys were 6 and 7 when they got two rabbits - one drowned in the wheelbarrow they were "baptizing him" and the other broke his neck when they were playing catch with him! How sad is that. I'm glad you're blogging!!
Post a Comment