Sunday, August 26, 2007

Stake Conference

Sunday, August 26, 2007
This weekend was our Stake Conference. It was extra special b/c we got a new stake president and had a visiting apostle. Elder Richard G. Scott presided and spoke to us. The adult session was awesome as was the general session. This was the most edifying stake conference I have been to. Maybe because I was prepared and planned on getting a lot out of conference. My kids were great and each speaker was amazing. It was not the same as listening to the apostles and prophet during General Conference. I felt more that Elder Scott was speaking directly to me and our stake and it was certaintly less formal and more of a discussion. One thing that I learned is that motherhood is a very important calling and even though it is mundane changing diapers, fixing meals etc. it is soooo important that we teach our children to live the gospel so that they can survive in this world. I knew this before but now I know it even more and understand more fully the importance. So when I fell like I don't "do" anything I need to remember that I am doing the most important work there is, teaching and loving my children.

No comments: