Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Royal Tickets

Wednesday, August 15, 2007
I realized a couple of weeks ago that every time I took the kids to Target or some other store I would let them pick something out of the dollar spot if they were good. It was a lifesaver for me b/c it is really hard to get shopping done and manage 3 kids at the same time. But we were ending up with a lot of junk and the kids came to expect to get something everytime we went anywhere. So we came up with an incentive program. If Ellie and Caden do their chores they get a Royal Ticket. They can also earn tickets for being good in stores, reverent in church, eating all their food, etc. Basically, anytime I need them to cooperate I say if you do this then you can get a ticket. Then for FHE one night we decorated a box as a treasure chest. We have filled it with toys, stickers, and some art supplies. Each item has a price. When they get enough tickets they can buy something from the treasure chest. Most items are 5 or 10 tickets. The treasure chest is also nice b/c when Ellie does see something at the store she really wants and I buy it the item goes in the treasure chest not just directly to her. The program has worked really well for ellie. She has done well saving up her tickets and gets really excited about what she is working to buy next. She even asks me if she can do chores. Caden is still a little young to grasp the concept but if he sees ellie getting tickets then he wants one too and I have him do a chore.

No comments: